Saturday, May 27

DAY TWELVE: Okay. I went to see Xmen last night and didn't post cause I got home around midnight. Xmen was alright. The cleanse is not going well. I have been bucking the herbal laxative tea (it's so horrible, I can't stand it) for the last two nights. I made it the night before and just didn't drink it at all. The salt water flush is totally gross. I have to carry all my "doses" of lemonade because I seem to get hungry at all times of the day, no matter what is going on. I think my body is just ready to be done.

However, no solid toxins to speak of. I don't know what this means. Are they all stuck up somewhere in my colon? Will I blow up from being compacted? Am I just good at eliminating my bowels in general and there's nothing left? I can't say. I am a little worried about the whole affair, and perhaps I will reference the book for more info.

The good news is, the other indicator that it's time to get off the cleanse is my tongue has been slowly returning to its pink hue, from the edges in to the whitish moldy looking center. This is enough of a sign for me, so I'm certain I will end the fast tomorrow, Juice Day. I get to drink juice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hooray.

I couldn't even consume the recommended six "doses" yesterday. I only had four. But I did have mint tea which made my tongue so happy (all sorts of flavors!) and I drank a bottle of water from Starbucks that tasted like purified water rather than spring water. It had a very metallic aftertaste. And it wasn't refreshing to drink at all. Kind of like that bottled water that Coke makes, Dasani...it tastes pretty bad to me, no matter what. I'm not sure if things just taste weird because I'm on the fast or if I just have a sensitive tongue (always have been able to tell what is in things by taste). I've never had a bottle of the new Starbucks water Ethos, so I have no reference from before the cleanse.

Last night Eric asked me if I was still planning on going mostly vegetarian after the cleanse (I have a tendency to make bold declarative statements and then change my mind soon after) and I told him I was going to try for a while. Eric is a big meat eater, always has been. He rattled off a list of tasty meats I've been known to love, and I answered no to each. He didn't seem daunted though, and said, very sweetly, that he would have to learn how to make vegetarian meals for me and maybe someday he would become a vegetarian too. I did remind him of my introduction of the world of salads into his life. This gentle conversation made me feel as right with the world than anything. sigh.

I have to work this afternoon at the coffeeshop, and I hope my energy isn't down, the way it has been the last few days. It takes a lot of effort to clean everything at night. Eric said he would come by after work and help me out. We're going to the symphony tonight (the tickets were a graduation present).

It's the last day of the cleanse!

stine

4 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo! Food!

Actually, one of the reasons that a lot of bottled waters (especially the distilled/heavily filtered versions) taste... bland is because they often don't have enough salt in them. So rather than tasting clean, they leave this feeling of bleak empty nothingness in your mouth. I guess the tongue, after years and years of living in the slightly saline environment of your mouth, is so used to the taste of some salt that small amounts don't register. That's why undersalted food tastes not as good also.

On an unrelated note, I wouldn't sweat the no "solid toxins" thing. I dunno, just my opinion, but if you've already eaten generally well and had no bowel problems before doing this, I kind of doubt that you're going to be that backed up. I've heard that it can sometimes take a few weeks to eliminate some of the "toxins" from your bowels/colon, but if you really had years old poop in there, you would have had some serious side effects (abdominal pain, fever, constipation, etc.) that would have indicated that something was up long before taking on a liquid diet.

I'm kind of fascinated by the equation of feces with toxins. It's a weird way to spin a normal body function. Not that I thought you emphasized any of that... just reading some of the blogs and journals that other people kept during my "research", they'd mention that they had done colonics for years and stuff like that. I wanted to sit them down and say, "It's just poop."

Anyway, food! Yeah!

 
At 5/28/2006 11:33 PM, Blogger stine said...

yeah food! I can't wait to have that soup tomorrow!

The "bleak empty nothingness" is exactly what it feels like. blah. I'll take salty water any day!

 
At 6/02/2006 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like tasty meats!

~Big Jim Slade

 
At 6/05/2006 6:44 PM, Blogger stine said...

you said poop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home