Thursday, May 18

Day Two

Day Two: We began the day with the quart of saltwater which is meant to help along the laxative tea and cleanse the colon. This is the secret of the cleanse, it does all the work, we race to the bathroom multiple times while drinking the 32oz, and what comes out isn't pretty. Marilyn hailed it The Rusty Fountain.

For the rest of the morning, we drink double doses of the lemonade, with less maple syrup (it was a little too sweet) and Marilyn realizes it might taste better cold. Better is hardly the word for the improvement. It tasted like real lemonade (we had been drinking it warm all the previous day).

Other than that, we sat around doing nothing, shopped, drove about, I was teased by a long lingering look at the pool we could have swum in, and then we watched American Idol...which I still don't get the appeal, but hey, I'm bitter, I admit it.

Then it was off to bed with a dose of laxative tea.

I felt more tired today, less physically peppy, and a visit to Starbucks for mint tea just made me want to cry. I was glad I wasn't able to see the pastries from where I stood. egads.

2 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still no swimming... for shame.

I've actually made sure that Ed understands that I have to get at least one afternoon of beachiness/swimming on any vacation we go on. He keeps muttering about how I want to see a French, possibly nude, beach in the summer instead of whatever else we're going to be doing. I say he should be able to mutter just fine while sitting on a beach towel.

 
At 5/19/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger stine said...

mmmm, nude beaches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home