Monday, May 22

DAY SIX: Today was the hardest day because I didn't have any supplies to make the lemonade, so I had to wait until I went shopping and got home after working at the coffeeshop all morning alone. It was pretty difficult to not pop something in my mouth, it was all right there, the pastries, the extra bit of chicken salad, the trail mix. Anything. But I didn't. I felt the hungriest I've ever felt because there was no lemonade. I tried to substitute hot water and fresh squeezed lemon juice, and it was sooooo sour, but it didn't curb my hunger pains. I drank the laxative tea in the morning instead of the salt water, because Marilyn had given me a couple extra. I also had a mint tea and a bottle of water. But it just didn't cut it. It wasn't until I drank the lemonade that I felt better, more energized, less tired and physically exhausted. I went out for the afternoon with my lemonade in hand, and it was a good day.

Some exciting news is that I have lost enough weight to comfortably wear a pair of jeans that are size 14 that I previously had to pour myself into. I can see that I have lost weight now, and I feel lighter and more energized. I know that half the weight I lose will come back, but even the other half being gone is worth the no eating for a while, and having my system cleaned out.

I couldn't find everything at Trader Joe's, so I had to go to Whole Foods to get the laxative tea. I quickly grabbed a box of "Smooth Move" to cut short the sharp eyes perusing the tea selection. When I brewed a cup before bed, I was disappointed to find it had cinnamon bark in it and it tasted disgusting. Blech. So now I have to go back to Whole Foods and get a different flavor.

The other cool thing is I went out to lunch with Luke (the guy from The Arc) and watched him eat and I was absolutely fine because I had my lemonade in one hand and my glass of water in the other. And I didn't really want to attack him and eat the entire bowl of the sizzling rice soup I encouraged him to get. Hey, a little vicarious eating is okay, right?

1 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello darlin',
sorry 4 being gone so long, but i had to have me puter wiped & peprogramed. it was acting up on me & all i could do was either toss it out or reprogram it. so it took a few days, but i with ya now and rooting ya to rock on, with this cleansing thingy. keeping in mind to do some exercise as beth so nicely mentioned. you have gone to far, to miss ur mark now. jus set ur mind to it & u can do anything, darlin'. btw, i ain't to old, the 40's is the new 20's. i jus a very broken up 20's (lol)_i'll always b rascal-y. i hope ... jr's b-day today. anywho. best of luck with your mission. i know you'll go as far as you'd like. stay well, hello eric & beth. and would you send me you blog critic addy for the art shows again please? much love and i'm so proud of ya darlin', dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home