Friday, October 20

a deeper onion layer than most

you know it's bad when your good friend, the kind of person who knows you so well because they know themselves so well, the kind of person who has grown up in conditions achingly similar to yours, the kind of person who knows what's going on with you the instant they look into your eyes, which are welling up with the secret and invisible tears of shame and grief--

yeah, it's bad: when that person can ask you the question you most don't want to answer.

and you lie.

that is, I lied.

Everyone else has heard my reasons, my excuses, my thoughts and opinions for letting him back into my mental landscape.

and they all disapproved.

and I suppose I knew what would come out of my good friend's mouth, so rather than face his grousing, I lied.

if I couldn't tell him, this good friend who knows my heart, my thoughts, my life better than I do, because it's his too; then he's really not someone I should be involving myself in, is he?

the thing is, I knew it all along.

I was just lying to myself.

5 Comments:

At 10/21/2006 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is in? Most of your friends are idiots and do not know the joy of a good, satisfying orgasm.

~Big Jim Slade.

 
At 10/21/2006 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

darlin' ifin your gonna lead with your heart you'll need the mind to support it & visa versa. them who judge or dislike your choices, can either hold their tongues or make asses of themselves. stand strong in your choices, darlin'

 
At 10/21/2006 6:14 PM, Blogger stine said...

oh, I definitely have let my choices stand for what they were, but in those cases, I was convinced, I was certain, and here I wasn't. And not being able to tell my friend with some amount of pride left me knowing that it was a bad choice on my part.

the flesh was willing but the spirit was weak.

and trust me, one of the first things I learned for myself in my adult conciousness was I'm the only one who knows what's best for myself.

 
At 10/21/2006 6:15 PM, Blogger stine said...

don't you mean all of my friends? jeesh, you never met a more frigid bunch of people...

well, except for Marilyn!

;)

thanks Big Jim, thanks.

 
At 10/21/2006 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i believe that's all any of us can ask for, is trust, belief & respect for the decisions, we all make.
peace, love & happy trails darlin'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home